The study that took several years to complete involved an examination of the crimes of 480 convicted serial killers.
Download the full report (PDF) here.
Alternative click on or copy and paste the following link: http://forensic-psychology.net/forensic-psychology-resources-and-documents.
Among the main findings are:
- Prostitutes are the most at-risk group.
- Killers tend to trick their victims.
- Sex was almost always the prime motivator.
- Women are far more at risk than men.
- Killers often target strangers.
- Strangulation is the most common method of killing.
- Serial killers generally operate close to home.
- Few killers bother to clean up the crime scene.
- Most killers don’t disguise themselves.
- White, professional serial killers tend to move and hide bodies.